3M Vinyl Tape 471+ as a conformable vinyl tape with a versatile rubber adhesive and a moderately translucent backing that allows for accurate masking alignment with simple or complex patterns. Our tape provides clean removal without adhesive residue, even after a 30-minute bake cycle at 250ºF (121ºC).
3M Vinyl Tape 471+ brings performance and productivity for fine line masking in many critical painting applications. Sharp, clean paint lines for color separation are possible because it resists lifting and its versatile rubber adhesive bonds to a wide variety of surfaces, including resins, then lifts off cleanly from flat or compound surfaces. We designed this tape to conform well to curves and to stretch and hold, even with a radius as tight as 1.5″. It follows irregular designs to deliver sharp lines. Its moderate translucence allows for alignment where complex patterns are outlined. Our flexible vinyl backing is also abrasion-resistant and will protect adjacent surfaces in most sanding operations. When finished, its one-piece removal preserves the sharp paint lines it helped create.
- Flexible and conformable tape creates fine paint lines for striping, color separation and complex designs
- Provides clean removal without adhesive residue after a 30-min. bake cycle at 250ºF/121ºC
- Semi-translucent backing allows for accurate alignment with simple and complex patterns
- Resists lifting from compound surfaces, contours, depressions and angles for precision paint-design results
- Versatile rubber adhesive bonds and conforms to many surfaces including resins and lifts cleanly